Friday, May 19, 2006

Rediscovery

It's 2:13 am and I can't sleep. In a matter of days, I've rediscoverd a passion within me that I long ago buried, quashed and quelled. My mind won't stop racing, my hand can't move fast enough across this page and I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

Lucky because I am 31, not 81 and battling regrets on my deathbed. Lucky because I have the support I need in my life to feel safe & secure enough to follow my dreams. Lucky that I continue to surprise myself with new ideas, thoughts & adventures. Lucky that even after days, months and years of the everyday - I am continually inspired.

I know everyday won't be like this. I know there will be days when I question everything.

But there will also be days when I find it within me to remind myself of days like today - when my creative spirit soars high, and when squinting by the lights of one lamplight is pure, pure bliss.

No comments: